Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Introducing the Mazkirut of MBI Kaf Dalet!

We'd like to open this blog by introducing you to the Mazkirut of MBI 2015!

Rosh MBI - George Stevens
George grew up at Machaneh Galil outside Philadelphia, spent 5 summers working at Machaneh Miriam and worked on MBI in 2009. He has a B.A. with a focus on Jewish Studies from Stanford University. After working in the Vancouver Jewish community, George and some of his Habonim friends made aliyah to help build an urban kibbutz in Haifa in 2011, part of the Kvutzot Am organization of Habonim graduates in Israel. Since then, George was a madrich for Workshop 61, served in the IDF, and served as Rosh of MBI last year as well. Between his years as a participant, madrich and rosh, this will be George's 4th summer on MBI! He's especially excited to sail across the Kinneret during Rafsodia.

Merakezet Chinuch (Educational Director) – Lucy Travis
I grew up in Manchester, England and have dedicated 15 summers of my life to Habonim working for Habonim Dror UK. I graduated university with a B.A Joint Honours in Politics and American studies, writing a thesis on liberal Zionism in America. After university, I lead the UK equivalent of MBI (Israel Tour) in 2011, followed by two years as Mazkira (national director) of the British movement, dealing specifically with education and coordinating the 16-year-old Israel Tour programme. I made Aliyah in October 2013 and joined a Habonim kvutsah of North Americans and Australians soon thereafter. This year I have been a madricha for British Shnat (our version of Workshop) and helping to prepare for MBI. This year is the ten year anniversary of my Israel Tour programme as a chanicha in 2005, so it is especially important to me. I am really looking forward to sharing new experiences with chanichim from North America and seeing them grow over the course of MBI!

Rakaz Techni (Logistics Coordinator) – Orr Sheizaf
I was born at Kibbutz Yotvata and grew up in Shoham, I joined Hanoar Haoved V’Halomed (Habonim’s sister youth movement in Israel) when I was in 7th grade. I was a summer Shaliach at Mosh on 2011 and I worked as a madrich on MBI in 2012. I am a certified E.M.T (Chovesh) and I have worked as a medic on MBI 2013 and 2014. In the last two years I have been training the HDNA summer shlichim. I currently work at Haigud Hamiktsoei L'noar (The Israeli youth trade union) were I help exploited young workers to fight for their rights. I am very excited to be returning to MBI for my first summer as Rakaz Techni.


MBI Makzirut: top from left Orr Sheizaf and George Stevens, bottom: Lucy Travis

2 comments: